Microsoft Teams is turning out to be a great product. It's unifying a lot of Office 365 services in the solution stack to make the app a pretty much once stop place for getting work done, communicating and enabling productivity. However you may find you get a gif explosion in Microsoft Teams as users find, love and consume the service.
Well whilst we are still awaiting the Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams unified Admin Center that was announced and shown at Ignite we do have some administative functionality over Microsoft Teams.
Let's take a look how we can disable Giphy, or apply content rating to the gifs that are available to users to minimise inappropriate use.
- Login to Office 365 and browse to the Admin centre. Looking at your respective Admin Centers you won't yet find Microsoft Teams there
2. Instead, go to Settings | Services and Add-ins. Here you will find Microsoft Teams!
3. Selecting it will show various administrative functions we can currently do - however expand 'Messaging' to see where Giphy is. You will see it can be enabled and disabled and also content ratings applied
4. The current content rating filter allows Moderate (the default setting), Strict and Show all content.
5. So what is the experience if you want to disable gifs? Disable the function and save.
6. Within a short amount of time, users cannot insert gifs or see Giphy anymore. Old gif insertions continue to function
I look forward to seeing the combined Skype for Business and Teams Admin Center that's due out at the end of the year - possibly in public preview rather than GA - it should be good! Here's a preview from TechCommunity