I've had a busy beginning start of 2018 moving customers to Office 365 and have had a few blog posts and blog post ideas queueing up on me for a while now. So, here's the first post for March.
How does one change their Azure MFA settings once you an administrator has forced you to enroll and you're now a year in and you're changing your mobile phone?
Good question! It's not discussed on any kb article or Microsoft blog post. So if you need to change your device or even your 2nd factor type, for example from text or phone to the App, then follow this process.
1. Login to Office 365 and go to 'My Account'
2. Go to 'Security and Privacy'
3. Select 'Update your phone numbers used for account security'. Now it will ask you to go through multi factor authentication at this stage. So if you have lost your device then contact IT support to help resolve your issue (their solution will be that they will make you re-enroll).
4. Select 'Configure' and setup the Microsoft Authenticator app on your new phone by either using the QR code or the manual url.
5. You can of course change your 2nd factor type by changing your preferred option. Note that you will only be able to select what your IT Administration team has made available to you.
And that's it. If you don't want the cumbersome process of going all the way through to the 'My Accounts' page you can also use this link: https://aka.ms/MFASetup